connerh

1Q84
Jay Rubin, Philip Gabriel, Haruki Murakami
The Divine Comedy: Inferno, Purgatorio, Paradiso
Dante Alighieri, Robin Kirkpatrick, Eric Drooker
The Purgatorio (Barnes & Noble Classics Series)
Dante Alighieri, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, Peter Bondanella, Julia Conaway Bondanella
The Interpretation of Dreams (Barnes & Noble Classics Series)
Sigmund Freud, A.A. Brill, Daniel T. O'Hara, Gina Masucci MacKenzie

A Field of Darkness

A Field of Darkness - Cornelia Read This is a difficult book for me to rate. I thought the whole first three quarters of the book were rather uncompelling and overlong. The book really isn't that long, but the pages just seemed to drag on and it took me a long time to read since I wasn't at any point really dying to know what happened next. However, I give Ms. Read huge props for having very realistic dialogue, something that's difficult to find in books, and for writing a very realistic and believable story overall. Unfortunately, that realism in the plot seemed to take out some of the interest for me, since not much in the story really stood out as a very unique moment. The whole first three quarters of the book, I was prepared to rate the book a two, because I wasn't really enjoying it that much. But the last quarter of the book really upped the suspense and enjoyment factors, and the ending took me by surprise; it was actually very good. And just for the last quarter and the ending of this book, it earned another star, and I'm probably going to read the sequel. This is an author that has great promise, she is very observant and intelligent and it shows in her writing, but I think she missed the mark a little with this one. But I'm hopeful that she will grow as an author with each book she writes, and I am very impressed with her, especially considering this is her debut.