connerh

1Q84
Jay Rubin, Philip Gabriel, Haruki Murakami
The Divine Comedy: Inferno, Purgatorio, Paradiso
Dante Alighieri, Robin Kirkpatrick, Eric Drooker
The Purgatorio (Barnes & Noble Classics Series)
Dante Alighieri, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, Peter Bondanella, Julia Conaway Bondanella
The Interpretation of Dreams (Barnes & Noble Classics Series)
Sigmund Freud, A.A. Brill, Daniel T. O'Hara, Gina Masucci MacKenzie

Hijacked by Your Brain: How to Free Yourself When Stress Takes Over

Hijacked by Your Brain: How to Free Yourself When Stress Takes Over - Julian Ford, Jon Wortmann As a sufferer from multiple anxiety disorders myself, when I first came across this book, I thought it was exactly what I needed. Of course I would quickly find myself to be wrong. This book presents some decent ideas, certainly at the beginning, but it reads like an oversize pamphlet you would pick up at a therapist's office. The whole book seems to be almost an advertisement for a new way of thinking that ends up translating to a drawn-out explanation for asinine acronyms with names such as "FREEDOM" and "SOS." What could have easily been accomplished in the space of a self-help pamphlet is here dragged out to over 200 pages. I do think this book was written with a pure goal in mind to help people who suffer from paralyzing & debilitating anxiety. However the advice given herein isn't even very helpful; certainly not worth the time it takes to slog through this very condescending & boring text.